Systemic Psychotherapy, UKCP registered, PG Dip counselling,Mindfulness teacher, BSC psychology
UKCP reg. Psychotherapist | Reg No 6157879
- Counselling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and families.
- Training for professionals in counselling, motivational interviewing and mindfulness based interventions.
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for relapse prevention in depression, anxiety and stress reduction.
- Supervising other clinicians and mindfulness teachers am an associate supervisor for the Mindfulness Network CIC.
- I abide by the code of ethics of the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists and am on the UK register of Mindfulness teachers.
When feeling stuck, getting back a sense of control and power over one’s life can be crucial to the way we feel. A personal crisis hits and we can suddenly feel lost. Anxiety and doubt or a low mood gets in the way of our ability to live our lives to the full . Our confidence takes a knock. As a result we can forget all our strengths. Old solutions and ways of coping no longer serve us well and old habits and patterns may actually add to our difficulties.Therefore getting a fresh insight and new skills can make all the difference.
Discovering choices and options where before there appeared to be none can begin to bring about improvement. Most of all an awareness of what is helpful and less helpful can provide the confidence and motivation to make changes. Then learning new ways of being can bring new freedom.
I integrate ways of working in my practice to best suit the needs of the client. Sometimes only a few sessions are needed, whilst other times the work takes a little longer. This is something I negotiate with the people as we meet together.
Experience and Interests
Please see my LinkedIn profile for further information.