Systemic Psychotherapist, UKCP registered, PG Dip counselling,BSC psychology, MSc Systemic Psychotherapy
I am a Systemic Psychotherapist, Trainer and UK network registered Mindfulness Teacher. I live and work in Cardiff and provide:
- counselling and psychotherapy for individuals, couples and families.
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy for relapse prevention in depression, anxiety and stress reduction.
- Supervision of clinicians and mindfulness teachers. I am an associate Supervisor for the Mindfulness Network CIC.
- I abide by the code of ethics of the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapists and am on the UK register of Mindfulness teachers.
- Training for professionals in counselling, motivational interviewing and mindfulness based interventions.My Approach
Discovering fresh insights and new skills can make all the difference when feeling stuck. When a personal crisis hits, we can suddenly feel lost. Other times anxiety and doubt or a low mood gets in the way of our ability to live our lives to the full . Our confidence takes a knock. As a result we can forget all our strengths. Old solutions and ways of coping no longer serve us well and old habits and patterns may actually add to our difficulties.
Crucial to the way we feel is having a sense of control and power over our lives. Finding choices and options where before there appeared to be none can begin to bring about improvement.
Furthermore, learning new ways of being can bring new freedom. Most of all an awareness of what is helpful and less helpful can provide the confidence and motivation to make changes. I integrate approaches in my practice to best suit people’s needs and goals. Sometimes only a few sessions are needed, whilst other times the work takes a little longer. This is something we negotiate together.
Experience and Interests
Please see my LinkedIn profile for further information.
Ariana Faris UKCP reg. Psychotherapist | Reg No 6157879